Thursday, December 3, 2009

Another Day in the Mud

Hi guys! Sorry the updates are slow, but so is the progress. It is hard to take pictures of new stuff when the changes are just little details. Hopefully, we've had enough changes for a new post. First of all, I am so tired of the mud. I've bought 30 loads of gravel and have to hop and skip from spot to spot to get into the house.... and we are still covered with mud. I guess I should be thankful for all the dry days we've had instead of complaining about the mud. ;o)

The only job that has really happened outside in the past two weeks is clean-up. Above is yet another fire. This was the last of the burnable stuff from the back of the house. I must say the night time fires have been quite relaxing. The house is beautiful by fire/moonlight. The kids (including Ray) enjoyed playing hide and seek in the dark. I'd much rather they were nice fires in a well landscaped pit than trash fires in the driveway though. I'm sure you understand.

Part of why I haven't blogged is that it is already so dark in the house when I get there that the pictures don't turn out well. These two shots were taken of the same thing at the same time and you can really tell the paint colors.... not. Oh well, trust me, they are beautiful. I'm so happy with them. I was holding my breath in the kitchen because I didn't really know what it would look like. I painted two colors on the wall and then chose the swatch in the middle that hadn't been painted. It is a bit lighter than I expected, but I love it. If you count the steps up the ladder, you'll know why I didn't choose to paint myself. There are another 4 or 5 out of the picture. I'm so not climbing up there. Then there is Ray's "blue room." This is just the first coat but it is certainly blue.

The girls are working hard supervising painters.
The man doing our trim has been hard at work for a couple of weeks now. He has all the trim and moulding done for the most part. I really like it so far. He was finally able to start on the stairwell a couple of days ago. There are a couple of weird tweeks out of his control, but I've been very happy with his job so far. He is a patient man. This is the best picture I have of the stairs and it isn't a good one. They have them covered and messy, and it was getting dark. I'll post another when they are stained this weekend.
He'll begin framing the wall for the kitchen bar tomorrow. Speaking of the kitchen, we finally chose our countertops. It was an awesome experience. I just thought the first place we went to was nice. The second place was MUCH better. There were so many choices, but it didn't take long for us to make a decision.
My next job definitely needs to be in the granite industry. Hope to talk to you soon about moving day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!