

The first bulb... the second time. The very first bulb went in crooked and it took 15 minutes to get it out and start over, but we finally conquered the bulb! Marshall and his goofy victory grin.
Oh, this one was fun. My lights over the tub. It is impossible to get to this sucker (as is the story with MOST of the bulbs that are mounted so high you can't reach them without a ladder). Sarah and I had to stand on the tub, take the fixture OFF the wall, install the bulbs and then put the fixture back up. They are brighter than I wanted, but I told Ray that they'd have to burn out before I deal with them again. They look pretty lit up though. ;o)
As much fun as the lightbulbs were, there were other things to do this week.

Ray's throne room was completed.
The plumbers finished installing all the fixtures and toilets. Marshall's shower still doesn't have a door because there is some debate over which sub is suppose to do that.
We've been cleaning, cleaning, cleaning. I have a cuter picture of Ray in the foyer, but he was giving me a, "Why am I working and you are taking pictures?" look, so I opted for this one instead. ;o)
Ah, building snow forts out of delivery boxes in the back yard. These are the types of things we usually find the kids doing when we are cleaning. Snow days are special and far between most years, so this was a day off for them.
Marshall is saying it all with that look. This was the first time the granite was installed. The installer decided he'd just cut off the last foot of our backsplash so the beautiful bead board behind it would show. UUUUGGGGG.
Our sidewalk was installed. It was very muddy... as usual, so the concrete truck left monsterous holes in the front yard. They are as deep as my knee in places. I'm just thankful and amazed he didn't hit a water line or something.
The carpet was installed. This photo just has the pad, I didn't put green carpet in the blue room. Don't get me started on the carpet. Let's just say, one more place to mark off my "I'd love to do business with you again" list. ;o)
1 comment:
Love it all!! Again, thanks for sharing your wonderful story.
Post a Comment