Monday, July 27, 2009

Day 13 and Day 15


Day 13

The guys worked on Saturday to get the water line dug. Marshall was the first to spot the spigot when he returned from New Orleans. He has missed the entire week of excitement so it was nice that he got to play in the tiny amount of water that had been left in the line. He was quite impressed with how much work had been done.
Also, today we started shopping around at some of the closeout and salvage places. It was a lot of fun to go to the warehouses. My favorite was the Habitat for Humanity sales house. They have some great buys, but you can also spend double the retail if you don't have prices with you. Luckily, I had my camera so I could check prices between them and Home Depot at a glance. I will definitely be going back to the Habitat place, I'll just shop carefully.

.
Day 15

We had big changes today! The block was delivered. I guess I should say LOTS of HUGE block was delivered, and we now have the first layer of gravel on the driveway. That's right, ANOTHER driveway picture for everyone! It was very exciting to see it and imagine what the rest of the week holds in store for us. Ray and I meet with the builder tomorrow night to discuss the upcoming events and they are suppose to start laying block tomorrow. We should have the foundation/basement walls done by Friday. You'll have to wait till next week for those pics since the computer will be out of commission over the weekend. I will try to update the initial layer of block tomorrow though. We're heading up! Oh, thanks for leaving your comments. It is nice to see that someone is actually checking in from time to time. ;o)
PS. Notice the look on Morgan's face below (she is in yellow.)













2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This makes it look like something is really happening.
I couldn't get the picture with Morgan in it to enlarge so can't see the expression on her face lol

Anonymous said...

Up, up, and away! The foundation of your new home will be taking shape. This is a wonderful experience for the children.