Monday, August 3, 2009

Day 22

We are back in town and haven't had a whole lot of progress. The rains in the past week have really slowed the guys down. I don't see how they get anything done dodging all the mud and standing water. The retaining walls are done (I think) and the other foundation walls are well on their way. There is still a ton of block, so I guess there is still a lot of laying to do. There is still quite some height to go though.

The girls are loving all the equipment, sand and concrete spilled about. The kids spent ten minutes putting initials and handprints in "just the right spot" that will be poured over or driven on and destroyed. They didn't care, they just wanted to get their hands into it.

.

Scott met with the engineer from the electric company and the stakes are marked for the new poles. We are having to have some trees removed before they'll do that, and I'm not sure when that will happen. Ray is having ALL the trees on the road taken out. I'm not looking forward to the horrendous mess that is going to make, but again I find myself trying to only focus on the finished product. I hate to see the trees go, but they are all half dead, mangled and full of vines except for the ones wrapped up in the power lines and one by the drive. My back yard is full of them so I can't complain too much. ;o)

No comments: