
The closer we got to beginning construction, the more horror stories we heard about building. It reminded me of being pregnant with the twins. When people hear you are having twins, they can't wait to share every bedrest, premature delivery, baby loss story they can think of to fill your mind with anxiety. I know that isn't the goal, but that is what it does. You never hear the good stories. For the record, I make a point of not sharing any negative stories with expectant moms now. I save those for the post delivery pow-wows we moms get into from time to time. ANYWAY, back to the building story. We decided that disappointments were going to happen, it was fact. How we handled them was up to us. Thus came about the rule that we would be happy with what we got and not harp about it once it was done. I have faith that we can do this. We've already been tested. I must brag that so far, I've passed every test. I even upped the anty and made myself a rule that I have 24 hours to get over it and move on. As my buddy Robert would say, "it is what it is." I purposefully did not post yesterday because I was still within my 24 hours and not "over it" and I don't want this to be a negative blog. I even typed away on the last entry and then erased half of it to give myself time to settle. I'm good. In fact, I'm not even going to tell you what is wrong, because honestly, if you hadn't spent months looking for just the right house to spend your money on, and hours looking for particular design elements, you'd never notice that anything was wrong. So why bring your attention to it? LOL Am I driving you nuts yet? I'm going to get phone calls over this one, I can just feel it. Here is my only gripe on the whole situation. I would appreciate it if when things, for whatever reason, are NOT the way the plan is drawn at least call me and explain the situation. I feel like it is a big "let's wait and see if they notice" secret. When I notice, and have to call to ask about it, it tends to make me upset. I can accept the changes. I don't like being left out of the loop that I'm paying for and that I've spent years planning. So there is my soapbox of the day. One in 50 some odd days isn't too bad if you ask me... I probably wouldn't have felt the need to rant if I hadn't been hit with 2 biggies in less than 48 hrs and that just overworked my 24 hour acceptance window. lol
Now, can you believe that Ray is actually sitting in that window? Those of you who know Ray, know that this is an odd picture. See those planks in front of him? They are between the loft and the window. Of course, once he got there, he could look out and see the porch roof under him, so that wasn't too bad.
Here are the kids being goofy in Sarah's bedroom window. Every day she asks if she can climb out on the porch roof. Ray and I have discussed installing those electric spikes like the ones they use at DisneyWorld to keep the safari animals inside the boundaries. That girl is so going to be on the roof if we don't do something.
I loved this shot of the girls. I wonder where they get that look. They were surveying the new pile of stuff. I'm sure I was in the exact same position just before I picked up the camera. On a good note, with this newest pile outside the garage, I can better see how the grading of the area from the garage to the back of the house will work. I think Ray and the builder have had it figured out, I just don't "see" things the way that they do.
And below is my special pet. I'm sure my dad, who has spent years of his life battling squirrels will love that comment. Anyway, this young squirrel acted like we were the first humans he'd ever seen. He almost came right up to us. He just played around in the trees and on the ground in front of us for about 15 minutes. He was so cute. Not a great picture because the sun was setting, but you get the idea.
I am not looking forward to Labor Day as we will certainly be laboring. There is so much wood to be picked up from behind the house. It really needs to be burned and I really don't want to do that. Just pray that the kids are into it and not whining all day. I can never tell what reaction I'll get to working at the house. I'm thankful that we have an extra day to work on it this weekend.Oh, and the opening picture is of the blue roof Ray always wanted. I guess I'll have to blow one of these pictures up and hang it in the house for him. ;o)
1 comment:
Good pictures and updates. Thanks for letting us see your progress.
Post a Comment