
Day 64 (yes that includes weekends, holidays and rain days... just thought I'd add that in.)
Hello everyone. Things have been slow on the construction side this past week so I don't have a whole lot to share. The good news is that we had the opportunity to get MUCH of the mess burned and cleared and that is nice. We still have one of the original piles to burn... the one that scared me off. I feel like a fire pro now so it doesn't bother me. We're trying to get it all taken care of before October so I don't have to deal with getting burn permits. It was hard burning wood that someone could actually build something out of. Thankfully, a couple of friends and neighbors would come and take from our scrap pile before it went up. Anyway, I'm mainly just sharing pictures of the weekend clean-up. Tomorrow is Tuesday and hopefully the shingles and windows will be delivered and work can resume.
Sarah collecting nails from a fire pit.

Pile to burn behind the house.

The main floor almost clear of wood.

One of the girls' addition to the heart of the house.

Marshall adding favorite scripture.

Sarah's sawdust smiley face.

The back of the house AFTER the fire.

Break time is plumbing joust time.
We had an additional pile in the front of the house, but I didn't get before and after pictures of that. Since the framing is for the most part complete, maybe this will be the worst of it. Then again, I speak from ignorance. ;o)
PS.. I hate that I spend so much time lining up pictures and descriptions only to have the blog look nothing at all like the preview. Technology is awesome.

1 comment:
Things are moving along very well. Bet you had no idea how much clean-up & waste there would. Thanks again for the updates & photos. Love it.
Post a Comment