Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Framing Complete



We're at day 58 and the framing is officially complete. It was very exciting to do a walk-thru today and see everything. I could also hear the wheels of progress coming to a grinding stop as we took it all in. The rough in on the plumbing began today and we met with a sales rep to pick out tubs, faucets and the like. Not sure if we'll use the company, but the experience was nice. Of course, I was just after the tub and my sink faucet. We did that first, so I was done and didn't really care after that. lol Once again, getting the girls to agree on anything was insane. We also got the shingles picked out today, but they will not be delivered for two weeks.


Our master framer fixed my "issue" from last week so now all is well with the construction universe... until the next mishap. Marshall is excited to have steps into his room and the kids' long awaited basement stairs are also complete.


We've had a long weekend since my last post. Fireman Ray burned a huge pile of wood. Marshall and I had bets as to which would happen first, the wires/hoses on the bobcat melt or the portapotty catch on fire. There ended up being no excitement at all. Amazingly, after all that, there is twice as much to burn after just two more days on the job. These guys can go through some wood.

These children have such a rough life. One job that we all fight over is picking up nails. We've picked up 2 gallons of bent nails so far. Why do we fight over this back-breaking job? We have the most awesome of cool tools to help out.

We love our magnet on a stick. I don't know the correct term, but that is what it is. This is an old model. The new ones have wheels and you just roll them across the ground or the floor. We're happy with this one and my back is grateful for the $16 investment.

I guess that is it for tonight. The windows didn't come Tuesday, so hopefully they will arrive tomorrow. Stay tuned. ;o)

Wow, I just noticed that we've had 11,500 hits over the weekend. Something wacky with my counter I suppose.

No comments: