Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Week 12


Yesterday and today have been very exciting! The trim on the house is almost complete and it is amazing how finished it makes it look. All that crisp white excites me. lol They still lack the side of the porch getting the ceiling complete and then it will be done. They also have a little bit more wrapping of corners and such as well... and a couple of spots to fix that Steve doesn't think are up to par. It is amazing what a crew can accomplish on a sunny, cool day.
Many more changes were awaiting us inside the house. The plumbers had been there to install Marshall's shower. The electricians installed most of the outlet boxes and began putting in the light boxes. I was surprised by the size of the can lights, but no one else was, which doesn't surprise me. I've learned that surprised is a way of life.

Speaking of surprised, you should have seen Steve's face when Ray asked him to move the laundry room door... after he'd begged Ray to move the laundry room door. Then to top it off, I yelled from inside that I needed the guest bath enlarged. I just did that to make him feel better about the door, I'm not really changing the bath. Anyway, Ray has decided that the dog's will still have enough room if the door is moved. It gives us more storage space in the laundry room.
I don't know what this white stuff is, but it looks as if the AC guys are getting ready to start. Steve wants to begin on the siding Thursday, and if the concrete guy ever shows, we'll get the porch poured this week. Rain is in the forecast for Friday, so hope it holds off till later in the day.
OH, and our neighbor, Danny, mowed between his lot and our driveway. It looks really nice. Thanks Danny!




No comments: