Friday, August 7, 2009

Day 26





What a difference a day makes! Yesterday, the blocklayers had just a small corner and wall of the garage and today all sign of them is gone. It was so strange to see all the walls complete and the various equipment and tools cleaned up and out of the way today. We are a little behind schedule but I refuse to stress because I know there will be many more delays before we are done.


We are very excited about next week when the carpenter moves in to work some magic. They delivered a giant lift thing that looks like it would be SO much fun to drive! It has giant wheels and a funky fork lift. I've never seen anything like it. I'll keep you in suspense for a picture. ;o)



The gravel man was also very busy today. He delivered several more loads of rock and it is really hard to get anywhere without having to climb over a mountain of stone. There is rock in the driveway, basement, yard... everywhere. I wasn't expecting to pay him today and was running crazy trying to answer all the calls for money... and get the money in the bank. Have I mentioned we bank with the friendliest people? It is nice to call them and they know who they are talking to. Anyway, the rock guy laughed and informed me that Fridays are payday and everyone would be looking for a check. I'm glad I've been warned. My builder would normally do all the running around, but he broke his arm this week. Prayers for a quick recovery for Kevin.



I guess that is it for now. Next week, we get backfilling, a basement floor, footers for the porch poured and the lumber arrives. What a busy week ahead! I think I'll be calling the bank.... AGAIN.

No comments: