So, what the heck is that??? I have that thought so often. It is almost comical to compare the vision in my head that I come up with to the reality of the situation. Picture if you can, me walking up to this wall and peeking through this little eye-level pipe. Guess what, there is nothing on the other side. Hmmmmm.I bet you're guessing that the plumber came today! You're right. We now have the basement bath and the utility room drain roughed in. Oh, and that mystery pipe in the wall is where the water line feeds into the house. My well-informed husband filled me in.
Ray had a good morning at the property. He met with the plumber and the electrical engineer. The engineer got out of his truck and then announced, "I didn't mean for you to cut ALL the trees." He was feeling bad. They came up with a new plan that didn't have guidewires in my neighbors future driveway and then he pointed out THE TREE WE NEED TO CUT. Uggggg Will this ever end? Oh well, it is in the woods and not that great of a tree.
Ray also met with a nice older gentleman that seems to be keeping an eye on things. We've seen him before, looking about when action is happening. He is actually a neighbor/dad of former classmate/father-in-law to family friend... and he keeps up with the neighborhood. He told Ray how he "helped" build his daughter's house, "or at least kept an eye on things to make sure they were doing it right." I guess he is giving us the same privilege. He was filling Ray in on tidbits about the property from the WWII era. We are honored to have him hanging around.
I know you are on the edge of your keyboard waiting on the next picture of a block or pile of gravel, but you'll have to wait till tomorrow!


No comments:
Post a Comment