Saturday, August 8, 2009

Storm Damage?

..
Today was a potentially tearful day. Again with the mess and destruction! This time my husband was responsible. If he tells me to "focus on the finished product" again I won't be responsible for my actions. Actually, I guess I need the constant reminder to remain calm. I purposefully did not go to the property when the trees that Ray hated were being cut. I did know that I'd have to see them eventually because I'm not really sure when they will disappear. Trust me, the pictures do not do the mayhem justice. It looks like a tornado blew through and only hit our property. It is really sad to see all of them gone. Some had to go due to new powerlines, some were dead or close to dead and mangled from years of neglect and a couple were just in the wrong place at the wrong time. We will be replacing them with other types of trees, but I still feel guilty. Thankfully, just as I was about to hyperventilate at the sight of them, some friends of ours pulled up and distracted me. I couldn't look like a blubbering fool in front of them could I? ;o)
On another note, the gravel was put in the basement floor and I assume the exterminator showed up since I didn't hear that he wasn't coming.

Stay tuned, we are expecting lots of changes next week!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are we having fun yet? LOL
Just remember that it will all be worth it, when it's finished.
I know how you feel about the trees, been there, done that, wasn't all that much fun at the time but I'm sure there is probably a reason for it.