Saturday, August 15, 2009

Day 33

Day 32 was the day the walls were poured. I was impressed with how little of a mess was made. It would have been interesting to see them hitting the block holes over the big ditch in front of the wall. I was totally confused by large piles of dirt in places I didn't recognize and then Ray convinced me it was the same dirt, just moved around into new piles. I guess they are getting ready to backfill and moved it around. We also got another load of gravel. I think the gravel/concrete/block section of the budget is WAY over and we are no where near finished with bringing those in.

On day 33 the concrete floor of the basement was poured. It was only 88, but it sure seemed hot around that concrete. I was sweating watching them work. They assured us that there would be no puppy or deer prints in the floor. They work the top till it is dry and then leave it to cure. I'm learning so much. I need to write a book, "Idiot Questions for Homebuilders" or something like that. For instance, I could ask, "Why are capstones (that is my name for them anyway) that are not messed up thrown into the pile of broken blocks?" Hmmm.

.

I thought this was a cute shot of Dad, Ray and the kids watching the concrete guys over the garage wall. Mom said it looked like they were at a zoo exhibit. I'm sure the guys below were loving it too.

No comments: