The weekends seem so long with nothing going on at the house. The framers will be happy that all the little scaps of wood scattered everywhere have been picked up. Sarah and I spent a couple of hours picking up trash and making piles of like items on Saturday. She went a little crazy with the fancy photography when she took breaks and while we watched the fire.
Ah, the fire... it didn't last long because I convinced myself I was going to burn the house down. As soon as I got the thing burning well, the wind shifted and all the little flakes of floating disaster kept falling upon my house. I was frantically, and paranoially (is that a word), spraying the fire, house, Sarah, the ground, everything that I could get to. I decided that the fire wasn't the best idea and finally sprayed it out.
On Sunday, after church, Morgan and I returned to start the clean-up of the wood scraps inside the house. It looks more spacious and much safer thanks to all our hard work. I was very proud of Morgan, she worked hard and never complained. We piled it up and left it for someone else to burn.
When we were almost finished, the rest of the family stopped by. Marshall hadn't seen the garage framed yet. They were all looking at the floor joists while I was walking under them and I found the cutest photo opportunity.

Everyone was smiling and it wasn't fake. I was leaving the garage later and heard, "be careful, I love you," and turned to see Morgan and Sarah sharing a hug on the landing of the stairs before Sarah took off to church. It was a touching moment, especially since I'd just been standing there praying about the days to come in this house. The house we build may stand strong to shelter families for 200 years, or it may be destroyed after one month, but however long it lasts I hope there is never a day that praises are not offered to God for the blessing that it is.
The weather looks good for next week, and I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings.



1 comment:
This post by far was the sweetest. I don't think for one second this house will be unappreciated or the great family that lives there won't share many, many more I love you's. What a sweet moment for 2 sisters, and even more that their mommy got to hear it! - Dana Strother
Post a Comment